Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Creatures in the Pub



There's a new Mysterious Universe article from me, which deals with a subject many might find downright weird, but which is not short on tales: namely, the cryptozoological connections to pubs in the UK.

Yep, throughout the land you can find old inns by the name of the George & Dragon or the Black Dog. But, there's another category too. And that's the one I focus on in my article, which begins as follows...

"Us Brits are known for having a wild time knocking back more than a few beers down the local pub on a Friday night. But, some pubs are wilder than others. Like really wild. As in monstrously wild. Wondering what on earth I’m talking about? Well, I’ll tell you. There are more than a few pubs in the UK that have legends attached to them of strange, hairy man-beasts in their very midst.

"In a roundabout way, the first story has a connection to me. It came to me via my dad, Frank, who got it from a close friend of his: Eddie. The two of them, to this very day, work together on weekends as volunteer guides at the aerospace museum at England’s Royal Air Force Cosford. Eddie knows that I have a somewhat unusual job and passion (to say the least!), and a few years ago he shared with my dad a story, the origins of which date back to the 19th Century, and to Eddie’s great-uncle."

And here's the full article...

No comments:

Post a Comment