Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Winged Monsters: The Dark Side



There's a new Mysterious Universe article from me, which begins...

"For my first article of this week, I thought I would do something a bit different: namely a review of a lecture I attended just this past weekend. It was given by good friend and fellow seeker of strange creatures, Ken Gerhard. Ken drove up to the Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas area early Sunday morning – from his San Antonio home – to speak at the monthly meeting of a local group, EPIC, the Extraordinary Phenomena Investigations Council.

"The subject of Ken’s lecture was his latest book, Encounters with Flying Humanoids, which as its title suggests, is an in-depth study of a wide and varied range of bizarre, winged, human-like  creatures – with Mothman being, without any doubt, the most famous example. I reviewed Ken’s book here a couple of months ago, but there’s another reason I want to highlight it today. And that is – and as Ken spelled out time and again in his illustrated presentation on Sunday - the many and disturbing occasions upon which encounters with winged humanoids have seemingly provoked immediate (and sometimes lasting) bouts of ill-health or disaster. Or even both at the same time."

And, with that said, read on...

No comments:

Post a Comment