Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Ufology's Future...



The title above is the subject of my new Mysterious Universe article, which starts...

"Some of you may have seen the recent news that Errol Bruce-Knapp decided to close down his much acclaimed site/discussion list UFO Updates. It opened its doors – so to speak – in November 1996 and went from strength to strength. Indeed, for a number of years it was the place to go to if you wanted to see who was arguing with who, who was demolishing someone else’s theories, and who was demanding blood. Well, the “demanding blood” reference may have been a bit of an exaggeration (or maybe not…), but you see what I mean!

"As they say, however, all good things come to and end. Even UFO Updates. And I don’t think Errol would disagree with me when I say that it was time. The number of messages posted in the last year or so had dropped dramatically, and the debates were undeniably lack-luster compared to earlier years. So, in my view, Errol did the right thing by going out on top and leaving an excellent legacy."

No comments:

Post a Comment