Monday, September 4, 2017

Twin Peaks...

Well, I watched the last 2 episodes of the new series of Twin Peaks last night. What did I think of it? It was OK (just about...). 

But, just like when your favorite band reforms, or when The X-Files came back, I could have done without TP returning. 

I loved the original when I watched back in 1990/1991. But, I watched the new series more out of curiosity than anything else. And, to see how they all looked after 27 years. 

There were a few good moments, a few hilarious ones, but overall? Meh. 

I thought that the whole Dougie thing got way dragged out over far too many episodes. 

And it seemed to me that a lot of the oddness was simply added because the creators of the new series thought the audience would expect it. 

In other words, I thought a lot of the oddness came across as forced. I'm glad I watched it (I think...), but please let it rest now. 

And, don't bring anymore X-Files back, either. Enough is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment