Tuesday, June 2, 2020

The Hazards of Ufology Part-1

Over at Mysterious Universe, I have a new article on the above-subject: The hazards of Ufology. It begins as follows:

Back in 2016, I wrote an article here at Mysterious Universe titled “UFOs: Don’t Let Them Rule Your Life.” To a significant degree, the article was focused on the controversial “11:11 phenomenon” and a guy who was immersed in it to such a degree that he was practically controlled by it. You can find the article at this link. That same article provoked a fair amount of comments, something that didn’t surprise me at all. Today, I thought I would expand on this issue of how people really do become affected by the UFO subject – and not in a positive way. I don’t know why, but on more than a few occasions I have seen people enter Ufology sane, rational and normal, only to eventually plunge into states of paranoia, fear, isolation and eccentricity. So, in that sense, today’s article is very much a warning to one and all. I should stress that this radical change of character doesn’t happen to a huge degree (as far as I can tell). On more than a few occasions, however, I have seen something close to madness set in – and sometimes set in quickly. With that all said, let us now take a look at the first of three examples of how the UFO subject – at times – doesn’t just alter lives, but can come close to destroying lives, too.

4 comments:

  1. Good article. And it's easy to see how it can happen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plus I think it has happened to a few current researchers. I must admit I'm drifting away from it after many years

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nick -- We don't know each other, but I have stumbled upon your work. I believe that seeing the 11:11 is a bloodline problem. 11 is the number of destruction and death and seeing it twice is an alarm sounding. People who are having "twin flame" and "starseed" experiences see this number and I used to be one of them until I was saved. I believe that people of the Edomite bloodline (children of Esau) who are prophesied to be destroyed as the children of Jacob (the true Israelites...not those who inhabit Israel today) are restored. This is the prophecy of Obadiah in the Old Testament. This should concern you as you are likely an Edomite as well. The only hope in the face of this fleshly fate -- and I believe spiritual, eternal fate -- is to give your life to the Savior of Humanity, Jesus Christ. From my perspective as a born again believer, this 11:11 problem is a problem of the flesh because I do occasionally still see it even though I am saved (we are not free from the flesh until we are set free through death). The Bible is the truth and the minds of Edomites are not clear because we have been enchanted and enticed by our problematic flesh into believing fairy tales instead of the Truth. And because of it, some of us are being used as sacrificial vessels for the End Times spirits who will reign with the antichrist system in these last days.
    This may make some angry at the Most High God, but you will find that He is always just when you look deeply enough at everything. Sorry that this is heavy, but I think that you can deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Psychological instability can also happen when people become emotionally bonded to a pet theory - like the UFO community's love affair with the ET theory for Roswell! Your two books on Roswell more or less blew the ET theory out of the water but the UFO community STILL thinks Roswell is the "best" case for a UFO crash. These people remind me of the false "prophets" on YouTube who "predicted" a Trump win for the election. While premonition dreams Do exist - like all aspects of the paranormal 95% of them are from people's wishful thinking.

    ReplyDelete