Thursday, September 19, 2013

Graham Birdsall - 10 Years On



It's hard to believe that it is 10 years to the day that Graham Birdsall, the editor of Britain's UFO Magazine, died. Graham was a great friend who was taken far too early.
 
I first encountered Graham back in the mid-1980s, when UFO Magazine was not the glossy, newsstand magazine that it became in the 1990s. Back then, it was called Quest, and was a self-published, photocopied journal - times soon changed, however!
 
Graham was a very generous and enthusiastic person, who opened many doors for me when I started writing for the magazine and, later, when I began writing books. For that I will always be very grateful.
 
I have a lot of good memories of Graham, one of my favorite being sat in his house, late at night after a gig somewhere, and eating fish and chips and discussing football.
 
He is still very much missed. I'm not sure where I took this photo of Graham, but it's a good one to remember him by.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment