Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Profiling "The Invaders"



"Back in 2009, I wrote a book titled Science Fiction Secrets. It was a study of how, and under what particular circumstances, the realm of science-fiction had crossed paths with that of high-level government secrecy and conspiracy. Doing the research for the book was something of a revelation for me. It demonstrated that there does appear to be some form of crossover between science-fiction and governmental shenanigans, suggesting the startling possibility that the world of Hollywood and the secrets of the Pentagon may be closer than we think. They may have even come together on occasion to help instill ideas about UFOs and alien life in the collective mind of the populace.

"I elected to keep my own views and opinions out of Science Fiction Secrets. Instead, I chose to provide the reader with just the facts. But, it’s fair and accurate to say that my personal interest in science-fiction reflects the kinds of things I wrote about in the pages of my book. I’ll tell you what I mean by that. Frankly, watching endless TV shows or films set in the depths of outer-space, in which laser-gun-wielding good-guys and bad-guys do battle with each other, while huge spacecraft soar across the starry skies, and human-looking aliens run around in silver-suits, bores me rigid. In fact, it bores me beyond rigid."

Those are the opening paragraphs to a new article from me, on the 1960s UFO-themed show, The Invaders. You can find the article here.


No comments:

Post a Comment